Sunday, April 24, 2016

legs


Mara macho. Male mahogany that is. Or so called in Peru or wherever this bastard comes. I have problems sanding Rosewood but I'm getting allergy planing this boy. Real annoying wood and the grain is a bastard.

This week I'm going to get more spanish cedar, which actually comes from Bolivia and not Spain.

The legs, as you can see are diagonalised. Since the dog sleeps under the bench where these girls go I won't put stretchers to it, so it's a mix of staked and japanese bench. With spanish cedar on top. I may re make the legs one day since I'm not so happy with the grain of these one.

My little bevel gauge is no the best for marking out, you want something long so you can transfer the slope from the sashigane to the gauge easily. I want one like this: http://granitemountainwoodcraft.com/2016/04/10/splay-leg-layout/

You see Gabe, I took the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment