Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Dovetail excersices

I'm a very lucky guy. I get to experience things that I never imagined and was not waiting for at all...

Yesterday I was trying several french bows, some really really nice shit that you either need lots of money to get or luck and knowledge to recognise. It's so unbelievable weird that one of those sticks can be worth 10k, but when you grab it and it feels like air, perfectly balanced and all, you start thinking about it...

Anyway, I'm not going to take pictures of bows, since I really don't know what I'm looking at. But this morning, when I was picking up some of my stuff (tools and a bike frame) from the house of one of Julia's friend, I found this little truck in the living room while having a cup of coffee with Lukas, Julia's friend.

Marie, the girl who made it, was not there, so I could not ask her if it's part of her apprenticeship or it was her own idea, but anyway I find cool that professional carpenters in germany still do things by hand.

Tomorrow will meet the other carpenter living in the house for learning to make holznagel, I think they are called treenails in english. (There was a nice timber framing in the kitchen of the house and the guy was just leaving when I came and we talked a bit about wood.) Also, I need to pick up my wide chisels that got stuck in customs.

Anyway, enjoy the truck and give it a try.





No comments:

Post a Comment